
Oh, I'm soooo "addicted" to Chicago... Yesterday, I have completed downloading the OST of the movie (thanks to BearShare), I listened to it all day and I have memorized the lyrics.. My faves are Funny Honey and Cell Block Tango. It didn't stop there.. I watched the DVD last night. I'm really hooked to it. What's the reason behind all of these???? well....
Last Sunday, I saw Chicago at Pantages theatre. It's their last show and good thing that Darwin got tickets for this musical. He has invited me a couple of days ago but I refused to go coz I already saw the movie and watching a musical is way too expensive. Then on Friday, he asked me again if Im interested coz he already made some arrangements with this guy from Long Beach and he's selling 2 tix at a discounted price. It sounds good, so I said yes.. not knowing that he has also invited someone else. I got upset and I almost gave up my tickets and said just bring whoever he wants to. Maybe he thought that I dont appreciate watching musical plays coz I refused the first time he invited me.. Then he told me he'll create a reality show for anyone who wants to win the Chicago tickets. All you have to do is give him a convincing reason why you really want to go and whats it worth to you... Here's my answer (we were chatting at AIM.. as usual):
mitzi (11:54:11 AM): it's worth my LIFE
mitzi (11:54:17 AM): oh!! ano say mo? hehehe
darwin (11:54:24 AM): nyek...
darwin (11:54:27 AM): prove it
darwin (11:54:32 AM): what will u do for it???
darwin (11:54:44 AM): cook for me?
mitzi (11:54:54 AM): hmmm... il clean ur bathroom
darwin (11:54:56 AM): ako i soo want it, that i will travel to long beach to get it
mitzi (11:55:09 AM): il clean ur WHOLE apartment
mitzi (11:55:20 AM): it needs to be cleaned dear.. dme alikabok
mitzi (11:55:25 AM): wash ur clothes
mitzi (11:55:56 AM): ill be ur servant for ONE WHOLE DAY.. hehehe
AND I WON IT!!!.. hehehe ofcourse, im the only contestant..=P
Back to the show.. it's the best musical I've seen (so far) I can't help but compare it with Miss Saigon, Joseph the Dreamer and Wonderful Town. I know I've only seen a few musical shows coz it's not something that I'd do every weekend.. I'd still prefer to watch movies coz it's cheaper.. but I just love watching musical plays, it's entertaing and the show is just fabulous! It's way better than the movie because it's LIVE and you get instant reaction from the audience.. The musical number that I like is "Cell Block Tango"... great choreography and you'd see how strong women are.. love it!!! The heart of the show is Amos when he did "Mr. Cellophane" at Act 2. I kept on telling Darwin that this is the part I'm really waiting for... and Amos did it.. he made a connection with the crowd and we were left in awe. "I hope I didn't take much of your time".. =P Patti Labelle is great too.. she played Mama Morton. she's a true DIVA!! Darwin made a great review of the show at his blog.. He's a better writer than me.. =P go check it out..

Chicago The Musical official site:
http://www.chicagothemusical.com

2 comments:
i also have the soundtrack of chicago! ganda no? i used to play it over & over for several days after i bought the album.=) i would love to see the play too!
Hi charo, it's a MUST see play.. it's very entertaining. The songs are all catchy.. I like "NOWADAYS"... isn't it Grand, isn't it Great, isn't it Swell, Isn't it Fun... =)
Post a Comment