Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy V-day!

Love is not about "it's your fault", but "I'm sorry."
Not "where are you", but "I'm right here"
Not "how could you", but "I understand"
Not "I wish you were", but "I'm thankful you are"


I was really sick last night. I have muscle pain going on and sore throat and I cant sleep. I drank 2 tablets of tylenol but it's not enough so I asked Darwin if he can get me Theraflu coz i need something that tastes like lemon. After a few minutes, I'm ok and finally slept at 2am. I was thinking of calling sick today but I already had it 2 weeks ago so I have no choice but to go to work. Jill called me this morning and we exchange valentine greetings.. I was driving to work that's why I cant talk to her that long.. she asked for my home address to mail the brochure from her mom. She invited me to join her on a Caribbean cruise.. hmm let's see if I can squeeze it in this year and if I have enough money.. I might not afford it.. =P

Last Friday, we had despedida party for Chris at Obi's place coz he's leaving on March. Ida (Obi's wife) cooked shrimp pasta and tilapia for dinner and we had sisig and lechon kawali as "pulutan" with Miller High Life and Bud Light. It's the first Friday of lent and Obi told us he can only eat meat when 12MN strikes. It's been his "panata" since he was a kid and his wife might get upset if he was caught eating meat.. And so he waited. But around 10ish, he sneaked and ate lechon kawali coz he can't help it anymore.. =P We talked a lot of stuff about life here in America and issues with our co-workers who didn't join us.. hmmm and I wonder, what did they talk about when I left.. =P I took off at around 12ish coz I'm already sleepy. On my way home, a police car is right beside me when I hit Nordoff and Sepulveda. I was nervous and drove at 30mph. You know the feeling when authority is there and you get conscious on every move you make... That's exactly what I felt. I always check my odomoter and was really careful. I dont want to pass him coz he might caught me for overspeeding, then he'll discover that I'm drunk too.. Im not really that tipsy but he might smell alcohol when I talk. I survived til I get home. =P Here are our pictures...



The gang (L-R) Me, Beth, Archie, Eric, and Obi


Me, Beth, Archie, Eric, and Chris


Archie, Eric, Obi, John, Mark, Beth and Ida


Last Saturday, I went to BBG (Burbank Bar & Grille) with my college friends. It's supposed to be a girls night out but turned out to a welcome home party for Jon who just arrived from Iraq last Friday. He was assigned in Iraq 6mos ago and he told us his experience there.. It's scary and crazy.. We had dinner and I ordered chicken with mushroom. Mads friend from Shuttlecockers came and he's too "mahangin" for me. Then we found out he also graduated from La Salle with Mechanical Engineering major. hhmm.. that explains everything.. =P Finally, Tins arrived with her bf and we ordered drinks. I had strawberry margarita and Long Island Iced Tea. The band started playing at around 10ish and they played 80s songs.. it's nice and I cant help but remember the time Darwin took me there 2 years ago coz it's the same band. Ollie, Mads and I danced with the guys during intermissions. When we went back to our table to rest, there's this tipsy lady who spilled her drinks to Ollie's tops. When I checked my wool coat, it's has stain on it too. Oh shit!!!! I went straight to the rest room and cleaned it. I was really upset coz I cant remove everything. One of girls adviced me to use Club soda to remove the stain. It helped alot but I'll still bring it to the dry cleaner... We had coffee at Denny's and I got home at 3ish.



At BBG with (L-R) Jon, Ollie, Mads and Tins






Sunday, I just stayed home and watch DVDs. Darwin and I went to chuch to hear mass at 6ish then we had grocery for dinner instead of eating out. He cooked tocino with egg. yummy!!! It's nice to just relax and be with someone you're comfortable with. I feel safe..

0 comments: