Thursday, February 24, 2005

Go shorty, it's your Birthday..

Yeah, It was Darwin's birthday yesterday and we had dinner last night at La Paella in Beverly Hills. It's a nice and cozy restaurant. Spanish music is played while we're eating, it's very romantic. We had Champinones con Chorizo (mushroom with spanish sausage) and Manchego con Memrillo (Spanish sheep cheese topped with quince paste) for appetizers, Paella Valenciana Mixta and Sangria. We had silent moments and we're left with nothing to talk about... then we laughed.. Imagine chatting everyday, talking on the phone every night and hanging out on weekends.. =P But we had a great time (i think) It's fun to try something new.. After dinner, we headed to 3rd St Promenade to walk. Almost all the stores are closed since it's already 9pm. We can't help but notice the new deli that looks like the one in New York. It's bigger though...On our way home, we bought pizza at Stefano's. They sell New York style pizza by the slice.. WE just can't forget the experience we had in New York.. It just keeps on coming back..

When we got home, I made an imaginary cake for him to blow so he can make a wish but he told me that he already blew his cake earlier.. KJ!!! =P I felt bad but it's ok, as long as he's happy, I'm happy.

Yesterday, my co-worker made a compliment on my jeans. She said all of my jeans looks good at me... (syemps).. she told me it's hard to find a nice pair of jeans to emphasize ones assets.. Naks, maniniwala ba ako? =P Well, she has a nice body (for her age) and I see her wearing Seven, i think she has 3 pairs of that.. I asked her what keeps her fit.. she just smiled. I went shopping after work for pasalubong... I got mom a purse and towels for her new bathroom, a cute baby shirt for my sis and socks for my brothers. I asked Chris a favor 2 weeks ago if he still has space on his baggage since he's going back to the PI. He said it's ok and he'll just meet up with my brother once he arrives in Manila. I'll be sending Abbie's Before Sunrise dvd too, so Abs you'll get it soon na ;)

A quick rundown on what happened last week...

Feb 17 (Thu)
- setup and implement our new time and attendance system (Time Q+) at work
- laundry

Feb 18 (Fri)
- parallel testing of Time Q+ at work
- grocery at Food4Less and Seafood City for Kare-kare
- corned beef and spam for dinner
- watched "The Notebook"... boring ZZZzzzZZZ

Feb 19 (Sat)
-laundry
-Dar cooked Kare-kare (yummy!! thanks) while I fold the clothes, general cleaning
-mass at St. Gen's
-watched "She's the one".. nice movie, cant help but laugh
-Chicago (movie) finders keepers

Feb 20 (Sun)
-Did my nails
-watched Chicago at Pantages (see my post below)
-had coffee and bagel before watching the play
-watch NBA All Star, I didn't finish it.

2 comments:

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

hey i liked the notebook, hehe. it made me cry eh. lam mo naman ako, basta naiyak ako sa movie, maganda na yun to me :P have u read the nicholas sparks book where the screenplay was taken from? i read it way back in college...

Siaz said...

Hi aileen, I cried on some parts but the movie is really slow (for me ha) kaya nakatulog ako.. or maybe because i watched it soo late na and im too tired pa.. I havn't read any Nicholas Sparks book... =P