Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Assignment#2: A Time for Leisure

I chose this theme because I want to take candid pictures of people. This girl has something that caught my eye while I was walking at Universal City Walk last Saturday. I know there's a special moment going on and I have to capture it. She has character and she runs all over the place. Since she keeps moving and I want to get a still shot of the water fountain as well, I set the shutter speed to 320 with 7.1 aperture and ISO 400. Here's the result:



So, this is what I shared at the class and our prof liked it... But there's this one guy who really did a good job in capturing the moment of a rally and it's a very good example of photo journalism. He's like a pro already. Elise and I thought that it can be a cover at Time magazine. Then there's this one guy who asked if we have to ask permission when we take pictures of people. She said we dont have to not unless they got mad or something... and most of the time, photographers use telephoto lens and you can still get a good shot even if your 500ft away.

0 comments: