Friday, August 26, 2005

Never Gone

Last night, Darwin and I watched Backstreet Boys' Never Gone concert tour at Verizon Amphitheatre in Irvine. I got off from work early so we can get there on time. It's supposed to be an hour drive from Culver City but we drove for 1 hour and 30mins... the 405 southbound freeway is really something.. We reached Irvine at around 6ish so there's enough time for us to hang out at Irvine Spectrum Center. Most of the stores will open this fall so we just looked around, ate dinner and took some pictures.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At Irvine Spectrum Center


We went to Verizon Amphitheatre at 8ish and on our way to our seats, Nick went out of the dressing room teasing the fans like he's trapped or something.. He's sooooo cute =P All the fans screamed.. I just watched them scream. hehehe The concert started at exactly 9pm and they sang "The Call".. I can't help but scream too... I'm not really a "boy band" fan but these guys are good.. I know their songs are mushy but they perform/dance well too..


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The concert US


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Backstreet's Back Alright!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The BSB fans/crowd

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
BSB Graffiti car


The performance that I really like is when they did that hat thing while singing "All I Have To Give" and when they did the remix version of "As Long As You Love Me" to "I’ll be around" by The Spinners. I didn't know that AJ sings really well.... with bad boy image going on... a lot of girls scream whenever he sings.. I think he's sexy too.. Damn, am I too old for this? It's for teenage girls only =P I remember back in college I dont like listening to BSB.. I'm an alternative freak at that time =P

At the end of the concert, the guys take their place around a grand piano to sing the song everyone was waiting for... "Incomplete".. After the song, I know they're gonna come back for another finale song.. and yeah, they sung "Everybody" (Backstreet's Back). I had fun. Got home at 2ish and we're really sleepy and tired.... need to got to work the following day...Damn!

1 comments:

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

haha. i had a boyband phase back in college -- BSB, NSYNC, 98 Degrees, Code Red...

i remember having a casette tape of the BSB album with "all i have to give" (i forgot the album title). anyway, in fairness, when you check out my PC's music folder, i still have 3 BSB songs there: all i have to give, darlin', and everytime i close my eyes.

i used to have a crush on nick carter and kevin! haha!