Monday, July 11, 2005

Video Game Addiction


Last night, I played Bejeweled (for the first time) and it's so addicting. I thought it was boring but once you get the hang of it.. man, you dont wanna stop. You can DL the game at http://www.popcap.com if you wanna try it out too..

What else?? Ollie and I were supposed to go to this event in West Hollywood last Saturday but she flaked out on me.. hehehe just kidding. We were invited by Edward, a highschool friend, coz he knows the promoter of the event. I was kinda hesistant coz I know that WeHo is a gay/lesbian district. But he told me it's an exclusive event and those that were invited were all "straight".. (but who knows? hehehe) Ollie was stuck at this bridal shower of her friends' friend in Carson and she kept on texting me on how boring it was.. hehehe ayan kasi!!! Oh well, I just stayed at home and played the emulators like Contra, Super Mario Brothers 3, Bomber man, and Adventure Island. It's fun to play the games I used to have at my Family Computer when I was a kid. It was such a hit during the early 90s and I also had that 100-in-1 games before. I wish I can DL all of 'em.. hehehe I stopped playing when I can't feel anything at my right hand anymore and that was 3am.. dammit.. it's so addicting...

Oh, I saw War of the Worlds --- I don't like it.. it's so stupid.. I think I said "What the f**k?" 4 times.. There's a lot of flaws.. **SPOLIER** Like after the explosion, all electronic equipment SHOULD/WON'T work, but how come one of the guys who had a videocam able to use it... And how did the son made it home safe after the hill was fried by the Tripods and even beat Cruise to Boston, oh. there's a LOT more and it's endless...

Good thing I have Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban DVD and had fun watching it.. It's the best from its previous installments. I like the part when Hermione turned back time and I was able to connect the missing pieces.. I can't wait for HP and the Goblet of Fire movie this coming fall... (Abbie and Che: have you pre-ordered the new HP book na?)

Sunday, I met Tita Tina, Tito Noel and Sern at Seafood City for my "padala". They'll go to PI on Jul 22 (Aileen, your Felicity DVDs are with them.. sorry if sobra na-delay, I'll let mom call you =)

5 comments:

Delpoy said...

i think the last time i played those games was like...5 years ago...hehehe..know what mitzi, there's much more exciting games now...hehehe. joke joke joke!

miss yah! :D just uploaded my new pics. :D

Anonymous said...

I love those games too. I got it all them games on my PSP. Mike tyson's punch out and galaga are my fave. The new games are nice with good graphics, but the fun factor isnt the same as the old school video games. did you find all the flute on mario bros 3???
-darwin

Jon said...

i love those games. its great that there's a way for us to come back and play them. so many memories are brought back by FamiCom games! my sister and I, as well as my cousins used to enjoy so much playing these games! I remember subsisting on a defective family computer that had so much "seremonyas" before I could get it work! :)

playing games, new or old, is a welcome relief from the realities :)

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

yeah, i didn't like war of the worlds too. the ending was like "duh?! yon lang pala?" badtrip. and hello, parang tom cruise was like the blessed one na hindi namamatay, nadadaganan, natatamaan ng aliens. so freakin unbelievable. pero dakota fanning is such a good child actress talaga ;)

Siaz said...

DELPOY: Oh, matagal na pala Bejeweled.. delayed na talga ako.. tsk. hehehe.. i saw your pics na.. nice =)

DARWIN: My fave is Adventure Island and the dumbest game is Bomberman.. I hate it. I found 2 flutes on Mario Bros... hehehe That's why I was able to skip all levels and reached World 8. I think I'd beat the guy who finished the game in 11mins. Check this out.. http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=moSMB3.wmv

JOHNNYDU: I know.. there's a lot of "seremonyas" like blowing the cartridge so you could play it.. hehehe

AILEEN: Yeah, I agree with you.. Sobrang swerte naman ni Tom Cruise noh..unbelievable talga. Hmmmm.. I can't wait for Must Love Dogs (with John Cusack.. crush natin.. hehehe)