Saturday, July 29, 2006

Comicon @ San Diego

July 22 (Sat). It's nice to be back in SD!!! The last time I went to San Diego was Sep 2003 when my relatives took me to Sea World. Oh, I miss Shamu (the white whale) hehehe... Ok, back to what I'm supposed to blog.. we reached San Diego Convention Center around 11am and there was a really looooong line. So I decided to get off the car and fall in line while Darwin's looking for a parking space. It took us an an hour to get in. I told Darwin that I'll just follow him coz I dont know anything about comics. All I want to see are the cosplayers coz I admire their creativity. So while we're walking, I stopped by on one of the booths to check out what their selling and as I look back, Darwin's out of my sight. So I continued walking and minding my own business until I reached the DC booth. I called Darwin because he likes DC characters, but his cell is out of reach. I took a lot of "swags" and he's still out of reach. Finally I got a ring and he's really upset coz he was trying to contact me for the last 20 minutes. I told him I was trying to call him too but it drops all the time. I guess there's high call traffic at that time. So we ate lunch and we walked together. =P The booth that I really love is the Nintendo booth. I got the "Limited" Mario posters from the lady who distributes them. I'm allowed to get one poster only but she gave me three. Sweet.

Darwin gave me a pink "japan" style shirt which is really cute and he got an "OTAKU" Oakley shirt (like in Spoofs). He's a self-proclaimed geek. Otaku means geek =P





0 comments: