I never tried ice skating before so it's another first for me. I'm kinda excited and somewhat scared to do it.. Scared of falling.. Mads (the planner) called me to check if I already left. We're suppose to meet at 730pm but I'm still infront of my computer checking mapquest and figuring out how to get there. I'm afraid I might get lost coz there's a lot of one way street at Downtown LA. Well, Mads hasn't left either so it's ok. The other guys were there already and Ollie called asking where I am. I took the freeway instead of side street because it's pass rush hour already.. I was wrong, there's still plenty of cars at I-10. Mads and I were late (as usual).. I got there at around 8pm-ish just in time for the next batch to start. I met old faces again, some are Tins friends. Most of the time I'm with Ollie and Mads goofing around. They patiently thought me how to ice skate and I can say I learned how to skate the "right" way. I never fell and I learned to balance on my own.
The rink is pretty small and it's too crowded. They should limit the number of people to skate coz almost everyone is just walking, not gliding.. The fee for an hour ice skating is eight bucks and validated parking is five bucks (not free mind you). It's a rip-off!!! Mads told us that the skating rink in Pasadena has more room so we might go there on our next skating gimmick..
After ice skating, we had our drawing for our Kris Kringle and group picture taking. I wont be present on our Christmas party though coz it's set on Dec 25 and Im out of town that weekend.
The gang (from left) Tins, John, Mitzi, Ollie, Mads and Allen.
I took this shot on our way to the parking lot.

2 comments:
ooh i wanna learn how to ice skate too!!! sounds like fun! :)
Christmas Party on the 25th? Whoa! Haha. It's truly different there, huh?
Post a Comment