Thursday, December 02, 2004

Cold December

Ooooh, it's freezing here in South Cali. It's been like this since Monday and I'm currently wearing the thickest top I have in my closet and my bubble jacket. Wazzup? It's all pressure on me. I'm in-charge (temporarily) of the IT Department since yesterday because my boss already resigned. She was offered a job that's near her place and she told me it's a good career move for her. I got emotional when I hugged her the last time. She taught me a lot of things about the business and I carpool(ed) with her for a month when I had a problem with my daily commute. She'll be missed. We had a meeting earlier and our CEO told us about his plans.. that his gonna get a new voicemail system and is leaning towards VoIP to cut costs on calls. He wants to integrate all our system and make it paperless..I can say we're already 80% paperless.

Last week, the day before Thanksgiving (Wed), I was sick and I didn't go to work. I watched the first season of Arrested Development dvd with Darwin and that series is really funny. It's somewhat like Malcomn in the Middle and Parker Lewis. Nov 25 (Thu), we had lunch at A&W seafood restaurant then watched National Treasure at Northridge. The movie is ok and it's way better than Da Vinci Code (I'm not done with the audiobook yet though.. hehehe) After the movie, we visited Darwin's mom and had a short chit-chat. Nov 26 (Fri), woke up really early for the "After-Thanksgiving-shopping-galore".. It's the busiest shopping day of the year here in the US coz almost everything is on sale (except those iPods!!! hmph) We first went to Best Buy at 4:30am coz Darwin wants to get the Toshiba laptop that on sale for $500 (almost 40% off). The store opened at 6am but we weren't able to get a laptop flyer =( After Best Best, we headed to Comp USA then Circuit City but didn't get any either. We ate breakfast at McDo then went to Fry's after. I bought blank CDs. Nov 28 (Sun), hear mass then watched Seinfeld DVDs. We had boneless bangus for dinner.. yummy!!! Nov 30 (Tue), started my web project for my soon-to-be part-time job (cross fingers)

DECEMBER!!! Last night, had a date with Darwin at Versailles in Encino then watched Kill Bill vol.2 when we got home but wasn't able to finish it. We'll continue it tonight though.. Good night

0 comments: