Thursday, April 19, 2007

Self Development Class

HAHAha.. Sounds serious ah. Nah! I just took a Photography and Belly Dancing class. It was fun! I've been wanting to try it since last year but I dont have time to do it...

Photography class
I went to Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC) last Tuesday around 6pm and I had to get a parking permit before going to the class. I thought I'm already late but the professor is not around when I got there, and the room is still close so we waited outside. When she arrived 5 minutes later, she gave us forms to complete then we introduced ourselves infront of the class to share what our expectations, etc. Anyways, I took this class so I can be more creative and artsy and to know the techniques in taking pictures.. you know, coz I might be doing something wrong.

Much to my surprise, there's a lot of things that I actually dont know like aperture, f stops, bracketing, etc and this class is really interesting. She actually gave us homework to research on a well known photographer and share it to the class. DARN! and we have to take pictures this weekend and bring it next week for critism.. now I'm scared.. and excited.. haha

Belly Dancing class
Yesterday, I went to the gym to do some cardio (I burned 300 calories... woohoo) and I tried this new equipment called Versa Climber. It looks easy huh (see pix below),, but it's NOT!!! At 7ish, I went to the belly dancing class. Ok, this one is really awkward coz I don't know anyone from the class, and it looks like they already know the routine. But the teacher was nice and she makes sure that beginners (like me) gets what she's talking about. Anyway, I might go back next week and I'm actually thinking of getting a coin scarf on eBay.



3 comments:

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

i always wanted to try belly dancing but haven't really taken time to look fo a class here. nakakasexy daw yan ng abs ;-)

Siaz said...

Yeah, i took the class to get ready for summer coz my tummy is just disgusting.. haha

Hey, did you celebrate your birthday with the girls? I miss you na!!!

Stay happy =)

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

oh you should see my tummy... V. disgusting too :p haha!

hey the gals and i were in EK yesterday. summer outing ng kodak so i brought them w/ me :-) naalala ko tuloy yung last time we were in EK... ford outing din yun dba hehe.