Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Over the weekend

Friday: Secret Window (dvd) Mitzi's review:

Before the secret was revealed and before the movie ends, I already know that Mort Rainey (Depp) is a psycho and Shooter is his other personality... One of the clues I noticed that prooves Shooter is Mort, is when Mort found Greenleaf and his detective dead inside the pickup. Nobody is seated beside the driver (Greenleaf) so I know right then and there that he killed the two.. I kinda compared the movie with Fight Club, but FC is way better than this..hehehe Anyway, Johnny Depp is still sooo handsome even if he looks like a bum...

Saturday: Watched the Terminal at northridge with my cousin Kate. We made Kate pick the movie....we really wanted to see the notebook instead. here's mitzi's review:

I dont like "The Terminal" too. Remember, I'm whispering "Kailan pa ba ito matatapos..." (When will this end?) It's soooo dragging, I think I slept for 2mins. hehehe The movie is a combination of Forrest Gump and Cast Away but this one is really cheesy especially when the crowd cheered for him.. The movie does not finish on an upbeat note: Hank's character gets to meet his dad's favorite jazz musician. Big deal.. Sorry, but this movie is really awful... Let's watch "Anchorman" if Kate wants to go out or something, I just checked the reviews in yahoo movies and it's good.. what u think?

Sunday: Wala lang....

My cousin Kate also mentioned (and mitzi says it also) that she watches movies in pinas all the time...as in all the time...

Over the weekend, mitzi and I had a discussion about the price of movies here in the states. Mitzi said in Pinas, she used to watch movies all the time, something that I dont really do as much here. Movie admission average around 10 dollars here in the states compared to 90 pesos in Pinas(vs.dollars--thats like movies for 2 bucks). I said, if you get the ratio of the average salary of a person here vs. the salary in pinas..the price will probably be the same. Well, we calculated and it turns out...movies are 20 percent more expensive here!!!!! How do u explain that? Hmmm......if only movies cost only 2 bucks here...thats about the price to rent a dvd.

Monday: Watched Sex and the City season 6 episode 1. Got 3 new DVD's to watch-- 12 monkeys, Vanilla Sky and Sleepers (mitzi hasnt seen all 3)

0 comments: