Monday, May 31, 2004

Memorial Day Weekend at San Francisco

My college friend Cherrie/Cho visited me for the holiday. We were supposed to meet in LA but since I'll fly to Frisco for the weekend, she changed her itinerary. I stayed at my uncle's humble home in Foster City with my mom and relatives from Bakersfield. She was surprised to see my mom here in the US. She asked me a week earlier if my mom has some "pabilins". I wasn't able to respond to her email until she found out she's here too. Anyway I got all my pabilins from her and Im so happy: 3 Tagalog movies (Mano Po 2, Mr. Suave, Regine-Christopher new movie - I forgot the title), pyondontyl and swallow hair coat. She has pasalubongs for me too, it's a dangle earring and some goodies from Pinas.

Day 1: Buy pasalubong at Porto's, depart from Burbank to Frisco, BBQ, pet Chris' dog, BC - it's half labrador/half rottweiler dog, watched Lakers game.. we lost =( , videoke (my highest score is 85, yuck!)


That's me with AJ and the kengkoy couple, Sinia and Joey. We're testing Chris' new digicam.


With (from left) Lola, Sern, Tita Imee, me, Chris, AJ, Sinia, Joey, Tita Tina and Tito Noel.

Day 2: Bark Park, Lunch at Onpin's in Daly City, Stanford University, shopping at Ikea and Hillsdale mall, hangout at Steelhead Brewery in Burlingame


Bark Park with my relatives, what a BIG group =) That's Darcy, one of the dogs there. I wanna have a golden retriever someday.


At Stanford University with Cho and BC


At Steelhead Brewery with (from left) Zania, Kaye, and Cho


Visit Steelhead's website (click their logo)

Day 3: Depart from Frisco to Burbank.


At San Jose airport.

Darwin picked me up at the airport. Brunch and shop at Ikea-Burbank (picture frame for our Hearst castle print, Target (floor lamp), Best Buy (Dar's PS2 online pack), Food4Less (grocery), Payless Shoesource (thong slippers), Seafood City (grocery), Video City (rent PS2 game).. whoosh! dme nun ah! It's so hot here in LA, Frisco's weather is a lot better. But gimik-wise, LA is more exciting.

0 comments: